Tuesday, March 7, 2017

My dear sister

Dear Sister, 
I wish I could be with you right now to help mend your broken heart. 
Instead, I am 15 000km away. 
I know our FaceTime chats are not enough.
I am sorry you are hurting. 
I am sorry I can not be there to eat naughty food with you to numb the pain.
I am sorry you always seem to pick the wrong men. 
I know you don't want to hear the 'plenty more fish in the sea' line. 
Does that line even have any value when they all seem to be sharks, circling for a taste of blood. 
Dear sister, things will get better. The pain will slowly fade into a distant memory and you will be happy again. 

4 comments:

  1. Such a sweet note to your sister. As a fellow international educator, I feel your pain. It's hard to be so far away from loved ones when they are hurting. Know that she knows you are there for her, even when you are far away.

    Aggiekesler.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being away from family in times of need is so painful! I could feel your aching heart in your words.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet, sweet letter to your hurting sister. In this moment, this may be all that you can do. But hopefully your words will wrap around her in this moment to comfort her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a supportive sister. It's so hard to be away from family members. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete